On Discovering Wattpad

I'm late to the game on just about everything these days. I'm not quite as bad as my friend M, who still had a flip phone until last year, but I come close. The two of us are giving a presentation on Wattpad next week at another friend's library... and neither of us had any idea what it was when we agreed to do this. Which probably doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

BUT I did my research. And it's awesome! What an amazing platform for writers and readers alike. It's just this giant database of stories that people are uploading and sharing with strangers all over the world, and anyone can join in - published and unpublished authors alike. And if you love free stories... it doesn't get much better than this.

So I created an account and added the first chapter of Children of Guerra. I'll be adding a few more in the coming weeks, and then in November... (small drumroll) I'll be adding the first chapter of the Children of Guerra sequel!!

As I've mentioned in countless posts before, the editing process is a slow one, and I'm not as close to done as I'd like to be. But I'm getting impatient! I want to share as much as I can as soon as I can. So I'll be releasing the first few chapters of #2 as a lead-up to its release date (still undecided). I'm so excited about the opportunity to start putting this project out there. I'll post here once it's up.

In the meantime, check out Wattpad (if you haven't already, and you probably have, because, again, I'm a luddite), and check me out too under the username AmandaGibsonBooks.

End thought: As I've been typing this, I've really enjoyed how autocorrect keeps trying to change Wattpad to Wattled.

Comments

Popular Posts